Monday, August 29, 2011

Heart to Heart: Spiritual Vitamins

 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.  
-Colossians 4:2


Just as taking vitamins daily is important to your body in order to stay healthy, so is taking vitamins to help your spiritual body.


Vitamin P:  Prayer  -- Have you prayed today?  Have you taken the time to pause and talk to God today?  Invited Him into your life and to your heart?  Have you told Him your fears, your desires, your joys, and your struggles?
Vitamin T:  Thankfulness -- Be thankful for this day, for your family, your friends, your health, your education, your church and all of life's blessings!
Vitamin W: The Word  -- Have you gotten into God's Word today?  It has everything you need to give you power and authority in your life.
Vitamin F: Fellowship  -- Fellowship with others who believe in Jesus is an amazing thing.  Find people who uplift you, encourage you, stretch you and keep you accountable.


Reflection:  
Have you taken your spiritual vitamins today?
Application Step: 
Make it part of your daily diet to pray, be thankful, read God's Word and associate with fellow Believers. It will keep you spiritually healthy and healthy as a whole.
Prayer: 
Dear God, I know that there are things missing from my everyday life. Help me get my daily dose of you and your Word.  Help me to be more thankful and to fellowship with other Christians more.  Help me find a group of people that I can spend time with that will strengthen me in my faith and help me to become all that I can be, for you. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, amen.





Inspired by Erin Offermann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...