Friday, July 29, 2011

Faux-Shopping and NEW Series...My Fantasy Closet


I enjoy what I liked to call "Faux Shopping" which is a lot like window shopping for the virtual world. Basically, I go to my favourite online boutiques and find items that I like and put them in the online shopping bag...but I never checkout. So I get my fix of feeling like I went shopping but I'm not spending the money. Which is great for your wallet. Some have said to me "How do you do it? I wouldn't be able to restrain myself from hitting the checkout button and buying things." To this I reply...it's "mind over matter." I enjoy shopping, but I'm not always in a place where I can spend money on luxury or non-essential items. When money is tight...I go Faux Shopping! And truth is...a few weeks after my "faux shopping spree"....I've forgotten about those items I thought were a "must have" at the time. That's why I avoid impulse buying.


So because of my love for fashion but lack of finances, I decided to start a special series for all of my ladies out there (like myself) who don't have an unlimited budget and begin blogging what I like to call my "Fantasy Closet". I will share beauty and fashion items that I'm loving and that aren't something I own but would love to. It will be mostly items I dream about. These outfits can inspire a search for affordable alternatives as well. I encourage you to start your own Fantasy Closet because there is nothing wrong with dreaming. Just as long as you remember that the things you now have were once among the things you only hoped for. In other words, don't get so caught up in what you DON'T have that you forget to be thankful for what you DO have. Keep a healthy perspective and dreams can be motivators.

Click HERE to see my first post of this New Series and take a peek inside my Fantasy Closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...